Nutanix Prism is the web based console, run as service in Nutanix CVM to manage the Nutanix HCI infrastructure. Nutanix Prism supports top 5 web browsers ( Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 or Microsoft Edge ) to browse / access the Nutanix Prism / Prism central console.
Nutanix Prism is the HTML5 based web service and no ohter plugin required to browse the Nutanix prism in top 5 web browser i.e Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 or Microsoft Edge.
The following top 5 web browsers are supported for the Nutanix Prism / Prism Central web console. The web console can be used with the current browser version.
Nutanix Prism Supported top 5 web Browsers list is here:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11
- Microsoft Edge
Read more: Nutanix AHV Supported Guest OS List
Nutanix Recommend Web Browsers
Nutanix recommends following 2 web browsers:
Nutanix recommends to use the Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to browse Nutanix Prism console to mange and upload the images / vDisk to Nutanix Prism. Because Microsoft internet explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Read more: What is Nutanix NCC Health Check ?
Benefits to use the Chrome / Firefox / Safari
There is lots of benefits / advantages to using the Google Chrome / Firefox / Safari:
- Extremely fast web browser; it loads and displays pages very quickly.
- Very basic, simple design, making it easy to use
- Faster than Microsoft IE / Edge
- Native support for HTML5
- There no known limit to upload the files / ISO / vDisk etc.
- Above browsers are secure and easy to use
Read more: Nutanix HCI Products List
Prism VM console does not work in Google Chrome issue – troubleshooting
To turn of touch events in Google Chrome:
Step 1: Open Google Chrome
Step 2: Type chrome://flags/ in the address bar and press Enter.
Step 3: Click on Enable touch events. Change from Automatic -> Disabled
Read more: Download Nutanix AOS
Microsoft IE / Edge Limitations
Browser Support Exceptions for Uploading Images and Files
Microsoft Edge, All Web Consoles
- It does not support using Microsoft Edge to upload images or files larger than 1.2 GB. Nutanix recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers to upload images or files larger than 1.2 GB, including Nutanix upgrade packages of Nutanix AOS and Prism Central through the web console.
- Deploying Prism Central using the 1-click deployment method or installing Prism Central using the AHV qcow2 image appears to stall and is unsuccessful if you are using Internet Explorer or Edge and the Prism web console. Nutanix recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers to deploy or install in this case.
- Nutanix recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers to upload disk images larger than 2 GB when using the image service (Prism web console Image Configuration feature). Although you can use Internet Explorer to upload images of 2 GB or less, if you use the IE browser to upload images greater than 2 GB you might experience errors or image corruption.
Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10 is not supported.
So, its recommended to use the Google chrome, Firefox or Safari to browse the Nutanix Prism / Prism central, are the best browsers and natively support the HTML5 and plug and play features.
Thanks to being with HyperHCI Tech Blog to say tuned and be in touch with us to get the latest and techie updates on your favorite HCI technology.!