Nutanix is the native developer of Hyper-convergence technology to integrate the hardware and software together to developed software-defined solution know as Hyper convergence solution included core software Nutanix Acropolis AOS , Acropolis Hypervisor AHV and Nutanix Prism.
This Hyper convergence solution is based on Nutanix super intelligent operating system known as Acropolis Operating System ( AOS ) and Acropolis Hypervisor ( AHV ).
Lets explore the difference between Acropolis AOS Vs AHV ?
What is Nutanix AOS ?
Nutanix AOS ( Acropolis Operating System ) is the great invention and evolution of Nutanix inc. to developed the Hyper convergence technology and made the IT infrastructure invisible.
Nutanix AOS can run on top of the any supported hypervisor ( e.g Nutanix AHV, VMware Esxi, Citrix xen server, Microsoft Hyper-V as System Virtual Machine ( SVM ).
Read more : What is Nutanix Acropolis AOS ?
What is Nutanix AHV ?
Nutanix is also developed its own Type-1 KVM-based hypervisor known as Acropolis Hypervisor ( AHV ). Nutanix AHV is the robust core hypervisor developed to support Nutanix native services and software products.
Nutanix AHV Hypervisor is free of cost and bundled in Nutanix Acropolis solution with preinstalled in Nutanix factory Node.
Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor ( AHV ) is enterprise cloud ready virtualization hypervisor to run any platform and service i.e on-prem data center to cloud-native data center.
Read more : What is Nutanix AHV ?
Nutanix AOS Vs AHV ?
Nutanix Acropolis AOS Vs Nuanix Acropolis AHV both have completely different functionality and architecture :
Nutanix Acropolis AOS architecture and functionality
- Nutanix AOS is the hard-coded supper intelligent software to developed for software-defined IT-solution
- AOS installed as virtual machine – VM on hypervisor
- AOS composed with Nutanix components
- AOS is the main Hyper-convergence technology core-software
- AOS deliver native-cloud functionality and integration
- Prism web service is the part of AOS
- AOS is the data-plane to manage data-storage
- Nutanix Hyper-convergence solution dependent on AOS
- AOS support in-place conversion feature e.g VMware Esxi to AHV vise-versa.
Reference : Nutanix AOS Release STS Vs LTS
Nutanix AHV architecture and functionality :
- Nutanix AHV is the Type-1 KVM-based core hypervisor
- AHV is developed for hyper-convergence and native-cloud services
- AHV is the enterprise cloud ready virtualization platform
- AHV is free and comes bundled-in factory node
- Nutanix AHV support larger number of ecosystem
- AHV has great feature called AHV Turbo
- AHV is modern and future cloud enabled hypervisor
- Nutanix AHV is native, enterprise-grade virtualization included with the Enterprise Cloud OS
- AHV is more robust to run any type of application
- AHV support latest Windows based OS and Linux OS
- AHV hypervisor is license-free
Nutanix Acropolis AOS and AHV are perfect together to build cloud ready infrastructure to run on-prem along with cloud-native application on Nutanix Acropolis cluster.
Nutanix Prism run as a web service in Nutanix Acropolis cluster to deliver the Nutanix management interface to manage Nutanix infrastructure from single pan of glass.
Nutanix adopted the prism as a service to give built-in cluster resource management and monitoring console interface enabled HTML5, command line, and RESTAPI enabled technologies.
Read more : Nutanix Prism Core Architecture Explained
So, Nutanix Acropolis AOS operating system and Nutanix Acropolis AHV Hypervisor and Nutanix Prism are the main core software of Nutanix inc. that is born the new era of Hyper-converged technology to made the IT hardware as software-defined solution to reduce the hardware dependency and developed more robust and stable platform.
A Big thanks to Nutanix Inc.
Thanks to being with Hyperhci Tech Blog and enjoy the Tech Blogs.!