Nutanix has two releases of AOS Short Term Support (STS) and Long Term Support (LTS) release to every year because Nutanix is the most trending hyperconverged HCI solution today in worldwide IT industry and growing its business to capture major part of IT automation market. Nutanix always try to keep its product up to date and add something new for excitement and enthusiasm to customers that’s why nutanix release AOS STS and LTS releases.
AOS Release STS Vs LTS Questions ?
- What is Nutanix AOS
- What is AOS STS Release
- Pros and cons of AOS STS release
- What is AOS LTS Release
- Pros and cons of AOS LTS release
Let me answer above questionnaire
What Is Nutanix AOS
Nutanix AOS stands for Acropolis operating system is the extraordinary artificial intelligence core hardened master mind operating system which runs top of the supported hypervisor like Nutanix native Acropolis hypervisor AHV, VMware vsphere ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-v to create nutanix cluster, control and virtualize node’s storage as storage pool, Container and volumes using PCI pass through mechanism.
Nutanix AOS installed as controller virtual machine (CVM) top of the support hypervisor to manage anything to everything in nutanix cluster.
What Is AOS STS Release
AOS short Term Support (STS) release is for those customers who are ready to regular upgrade the AOS because every quarter new verison of AOS STS releases.
Pros of AOS STS Release
- Customer get new feature(s) of AOS
- AOS upgrade is free to any STS release, no cost apply
- Bug fixes are faster in STS
- AOS STS release very quarter
- It’s not mandatory to upgrade for each customer
- Minor bug fixes
- Customers that are interested in adopting new major features and are able to perform upgrades multiple times a year
Cons of AOS STS Release
- Might have more bugs in comparison to AOS LTS release
- AOS STS release is not good for Mission critical production environment
- AOS STS release requires regular upgrades
- Mostly Major feature are add-on
- Feature might be add-on for R&D purpose
What Is AOS LTS Release
which are maintained for a longer duration and provide primarily bug fixes for an extended period of time on a particular release family.
Pros of AOS LTS Release
- Customer get more advance & minor features with AOS LTS release
- Major and minor bug fixes
- More reliable and stable release
- Recommended for mission critical production environment as well
- Regular upgrade is not required
- AOS LTS releases are annually
- Upgrade is free of cost to any AOS LTS release
- AOS LTS release bugs are fixed in regular AOS LTS releases
- Customers that are interested in a release family with an extended support cycle
Cons of AOS LTS Release
- AOS LTS might have bug(s)
- Only Minor feature(s) are add-on
- No major considerable con(s) under AOS LTS release.!
AOS STS and LTS both has its on pros and cons but to every AOS STS and LTS releases have specific customer type target to adopt it and upgrade to latest AOS version to get the benefits of new features with stability and reliability.