Nutanix Era is a suite of software which automates, simplifies database management with one-click simplicity and invisible operations to database provisioning and lifecycle management (LCM).
Nutanix Era, which is a database as a service (DBaaS) offering from Nutanix, is now generally available.
Nutanix Era latest version 1.1.0 now is available for download. Nutanix Era has released with enhanced features and fixed issues.
Nutanix Era New Features
In latest version of Nutanix Era has added following new features :
- Role Based Access Control ( RBAC )
- Provisioning of Highly Available PostgreSQL Database
- Always on Availability Groups for SQL Server
- Oracle Database Patching
Nutanix Era – Enhancements
Nutanix Era latest version has many enhancement with some value add as following
- Nutanix Era now supports registering of SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance (FCI) databases. You can now clone the database from an FCI instance to an existing SQL Server database server.
- Nutanix Era now provides support for setting time zone when you are provisioning a database server.
- Nutanix Era now provides time machine supports for Zero SLA.
- Nutanix Era now provides SQL Server support for performing cloning operation on the source database server.
- Nutanix Era now provides SQL Server support for server collation. The required instance and database collation can be provided during provisioning and cloning operation.
- Nutanix Era now includes patch fixes for Intel Micro-architectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerability.
Nutanix Era Issues
Nutanix Era version 1.1.0 has some following known issue during installation
- If you assign a static IP address to the Nutanix Era VM running on an ESXi cluster, Prism Element first assigns an IP address to the Nutanix Era VM by using DHCP. Wait for 1 or 2 minutes and refresh the Prism Element page to verify if Nutanix Era assigns the static IP address to the VM.
- After the upgrade to a new version of Nutanix Era is complete, wait for 10 to 15 seconds and then refresh the page to load the latest user interface.
- Before you register an Oracle database running on ESXi, you must set disk.EnableUUID to True by using vCenter Server. This step identifies the virtual disk of the Oracle database server VM on the ESXi host.
Note: To perform this setting, you must first turn off the database serverVM.
- When registering a source database with Era, if the database server hosting the database runs the listener on a non-default port (other than 1521) and is registered as part of the same operation, Era incorrectly reports the listener port as 1521 after the registration. Any clone created for this database will also have the listener running on port 1521.
- If you want to perform a refresh operation, the database clone that you want to refresh must not be in use in SQL Server Management Studio.
Download Nutanix Era
Nutanix Era version 1.1.0 is now available to download at Nutanix Portal in Download section.
Download Nutanix Era version 1.1.0 : Link
Thanks to being with Hyperhci technology Blog.!