Nutanix has released Nutanix Field Advisory #72 regarding Nutanix flow issue known as: Cluster network and I/O latency spikes may occur when the Flow feature is enabled. If you are facing same issue then you have to upgrade the Nuanix AOS version to recommended latest version.
Nutanix AOS Version Affected
Issue: Cluster network and I/O latency spikes may occur in Nutanix AOS versions prior to 5.10.8 and 5.11.2.
Nutanix has identified a defect which could cause disruption to workloads running on the AHV cluster if the Flow feature is enabled. Below are some of the possible symptoms of the issue:
- Increased Controller I/O Latencies on Prism
- Increased CVM -CVM ping latencies
- Increased CVM -Host ping latencies
- Increased VM -VM latencies
- Network drops and performance issues across the cluster
- RDP session timeouts and other connection issues on user VMs To confirm the symptoms and if the Flow feature is enabled refer to KB-8090
As per Nutanix recommendation customers have to upgrade Nutanix AOS software version to AOS 5.10.8 or AOS 5.11.2 or later which contains the fix for these issues.Please contact Nutanix Support if you are experiencing a significant increase in latency after enabling the Flow feature.
Thanks to being with HyperHCI Tech Blog to stay tuned and enjoy the Technology updates.!