Are you are running Nutanix HCI solution in your infrastructure ? and want to add new node(s) i.e Nutanix NX, Dell EMC XC, Lenovo HX and IBM CS. If you are going to do this then you have to install Nutanix AOS license in new nodes after expand the cluster. now question is how to install license ? No problem dude, I am gonna to tell you just read full post.
Install Nutnanix add-on License in New Node
- Activate or install license on added new nodes, expanded cluster
- Read Post : Activate or install license on fresh built Nutanix cluster
- Read Post : Reclaim Nutanix licenses
Install Nutanix License
To install Nutanix AOS license or any other add-on license in Nutanix cluster, newly added node in the cluster – must follow the prerequisites as mention below:
Prerequisites to Install Nutanix license :
- Log in to Prism web console
- Log in to Nutanix support portal
- Cluster license file summary (Generates from Prism web console)
- License file (Generates from Nutanix support portal)
Log in to Nutanix Prism Web Console
Now we will install Nutanix license on Nutanix cluster through following steps:
Log in to Nutanix Prism web console > Gear icon * > Licensing > Update License button – Following page will open:
Follow above screenshot steps below:
Step 1 : Click on Generate to download a cluster summary file
Step 2 : Log in to Nutanix Support Portal and upload cluster summary downloaded file in “Step 1”
Click on “Support Portal” Launch button to open Following Nutanix Portal Home Page
Step 2.1 : After log in to Support portal , Click on Main Menu >
Products > Licenses > Cluster uses > click on Manage License button !
Step 2.2 : Manage Licenses button will open new page to upload file in following three steps :
- Click on Upload (upload cluster summary file downloaded in step 1)
- Select your purchased Acropolis license type Pro or Ultimate
- Generate new license file to download
Step 3 : Downloaded license file in step 2.2 , Access Prism web console again and now click on Upload link (Step 3) to upload license file.
Now check your installed How To Check Nutanix Cluster Acropolis License Edition From Prism web console.
If you get any issue or error in licensing create a case with nutanix immediately.
Thanks to being with HyperHCI Tech Blog to stay tuned and keep learning.!