VMware has released latest VMware vSphere ESXi and vCenter server version 7.0 on release date 2 April 2020. VMware ESXi 7.0 GA ISO built number is 15843807 and vCenter server 7.0 GA ISO built number is 15952498. Lets explore what’s new in VMware vSphere ESXi / vCenter Server 7.0, beta version, release note and download VMware ESXi 7.0 / vCenter server 7.0 from VMware portal.
VMware 7.0 Hardware Requirement
VMware vSphere ESXi / vCenter server 7.0 hardware requirement – CPU processors, storage devices, SAN arrays, and I/O devices comparability is here – VMware vSphere 7.0 compatible matrix.
VMware vSphere 7.0 Release Note
VMware vSphere is released with latest and advanced features and compatibility mode, i have gone through the VMware vSphere 7.0 ( ESXi , vCenter ) release note and summaries the what’s new in VMware vSphere 7.0.
This is the list of latest release VMware vSphere 7.0 – VMware ESXi 7.0 and vCenter server 7.0.
Whats’ new Features in VMware vSphere 7.0 list is here:
- vSphere with Kubernetes
- Tanzu Kubernetes Grid clusters
- Improved Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Assignable Hardware Framework
- Advanced Dynamic DirectPath I/O
- vSphere Lifecycle Manager
- Greatly Improved vMotion
- Advanced Security – implement multifactor authentication (MFA)
- Precision clock for PTP support
- Even more advanced Content Library
- Essential Services for Modern Hybrid cloud
VMware vSphere with Tanzu Kubernetes
Improved Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
VMware vSphere 7.0 has re-built advanced DRS to better serve both containers and VMs. VMware vSphere DRS used to focus on the cluster state and the algorithm would recommend a vMotion when it would benefit the balance of the cluster as a whole. This meant that DRS used to achieve cluster balance by using a cluster-wide standard deviation model. Read more
Assignable Hardware Framework
VMare vSphere has released new framework called Assignable Hardware that was developed to extend support for vSphere features when customers utilize hardware accelerators. It introduces vSphere DRS ( for initial placement of a VM in a cluster) and vSphere High Availability (HA) support for VM’s equipped with a pass-through PCIe device or a NVIDIA vGPU. Read more
vSphere Lifecycle Manager
VMware vSphere 7.0 – Lifecycle Manager have a paradigm shift in both vCenter Server and VMware ESXi host configuration management. WMware vSphere Administrators can create configurations once, apply them, and continue to monitor that desired state through new tools called vCenter Server Profiles and Image Cluster Management.
Greatly Improved vMotion
VMware vSphere 7 released with greatly improved the vMotion feature. The vMotion enhancements in vSphere 7 include a reduced performance impact during the live-migration. Read more
VMware vSphere is released with advanced security features – open authentication & authorization standards like OAUTH2 and OIDC, vSphere Trust Authority (vTA), Host attestation is where the UEFI Secure Boot process, a server’s Trusted Platform Module (TPM), key management systems (KMSes) and there is a REST API for operations such as renewing a certificate from the VMware Certificate Authority (VMCA). Read more
Even more advanced Content Library
In vSphere 7, customers can now manage VM templates in a more efficient and flexible manner. Quickly edit VM templates by checking them out, making necessary changes, and checking them in. Read more
Essential Services for Modern Hybrid cloud
VMware vSphere now has native support for Kubernetes, so you can run containers and virtual machines on the same platform, VMware Cloud Foundation, which enables customers to deliver apps to any cloud while ensuring security, performance, and resiliency, improve the security, performance, and resiliency of your infrastructure. Read more
VMware 7.0 Supported Guest OS
VMware vSphere ESXi 7.0 supports guest Windows and Linux operating systems as shown in below list:
VMware vSphere ESXi 7 supported Guest OS Compatibility list:
- Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2019 (64-bit)
- CentOS 8.x, 6.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- CentOS 8.x, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 17.x LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 18.x LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 19.x LTS (32-bit and 64-bit)
VMware vSphere 7.0 almost support all latest guest Windows and Linux OSes.
Download VMware vSphere 7.0
You can free download VMware vSphere 7.0 suit ( VMware ESXi 7.0 and vCenter server 7.0 ) directly from VMware portal.
Download – Free Download VMware vSphere 7.0
Hopefully, VMware vSphere 7.x would be great relesae and VMware customer will love it as they loved VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x. VMware tried to advanced the existing features and add bit of new features to give something new in new release.
Now customer has to decide – is VMware vSphere 7.0 is good – bad or just fine.
Thanks to being with HyperHCI Tech Blog to stay tuned and enjoy the techie updates.!