Nutanix HCI Hyper-converged Infrastructure technology is the invention of Nutanix in 2006 by three tech geeks. Now entire world is getting benefits of Nutanix HCI technology.
Nutanix HCI Hyper-converge Infrastructure is the core concept to integrate two or more components i.e compute, storage and networking in a single unit to works together to distribute, balance and accomplish the task.
Nutanix Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) is a software-defined IT infrastructure that virtualizes all of the elements of conventional “hardware-defined” systems.
Nutanix HCI includes, at a minimum, virtualized computing (a hypervisor), a virtualised SAN (software-defined storage) and virtualized networking (software-defined networking). Multiple nodes can be clustered together to create pools of shared compute and storage resources, designed for convenient consumption.
Read more: What is Nutanix AHV ?
Benefits of Nutanix HCI
- Combines the components in single unit to work together
- Minimum or no hop between components to increase transmission speed
- Easily scale out the infrastructure to adding the node(s)
- Localize I/O
- No RAID storage technology
- No Storage Area Network – SAN switch required like fiber channel
- No complexity in connectivity
- Require minimum rack space and cooling
- One click upgrade software and firmware
- Easily scale up ( compute + storage) and scale out ( infrastructure i.e adding nodes)
Read more: Nutanix Support Phone Number List
Legacy Converge vs Nutnaix HCI
The primary difference between converged infrastructure (CI) and Nutanix HCI hyper-converged infrastructure is that in HCI, both the storage area network and the underlying storage abstractions are implemented virtually in software (at or via the hypervisor) rather than physically, in hardware.
Because all of the software-defined elements are implemented within the context of the hypervisor, management of all resources can be federated across all instances of a hyper-converged infrastructure.
Hyper-converged Technology Market leaders
#1 Nutanix HCI
Read more: Nutanix Top 5 Competitors
Other vendor’s Hyper-converged HCI technology is under development.!
Thanks to being with HyperHCI Tech Blog to stay tuned and follow us to being in touch with trending technology updates.!